Sloth in Ecuador a hit on Social Media!
Sloths? What are they?
They’re a super cute species of tree hugging animals with either 2 or 3 fingers.
One photo on Facebook of this sloth went viral on Social media.
This just goes to show that people love “Feel Good” stories. Whether involving cute animals like sloths in this case or Random Acts of Kindness type of stories.
Making something go viral is not easy. More often than not, it’s by accident.
They posted that photo of a sloth clinging to a pole on their Facebook page because it was an unusual event. I’m sure that they were pleasantly surprised when people picked it up on social media.
In very simplistic terms, you could say that these are some of the elements to make something go viral:
- An unusual event (preferably a pleasant one, not a disaster)
- A “Feel Good” story ~ “Officer helps sloth cross the road”
- A cute animal (or person)
- Recent popularity or exposure of this type of animal (or person) in the media
- Timing and a bit of luck!
- People sharing with their friends and networks
- Language is not a barrier
- A good picture/photo is worth a thousand words!
Why was this sloth clinging to the pole? Was it really trying to cross the road?
Maybe it was because it’s friend the Red Panda said that Pole Dancing was fun?
Red Panda loves Pole Dancing! 862 people have repinned this with 190 likes!
Life can be too serious sometimes. Why not check out some photos of animals and have a few laughs? I’ve got thousands of them on Pinterest!
Live Long & Prosper. Peace.